'Let your light shine' Matthew 5:16
Christian Ethos and Culture
As a school, the work of our school is rooted in our vision of
'You are the light of the world...let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven'
Matthew 5:14a & 16
We interpret this to mean that we are people called to be light; illuminating our community through selfless service and demonstrating our shared greatness through Christian ethos and virtues. We intend to develop our pupils to shine as light in the community, through voluntary giving of their time, talent and skills, for the good of all.
We have four key tenets which support our school community in deepening our understanding of our Christian Ethos:
- Learning Community
- Same, but different
Our vision drives us in sustaining, improving and innovating all aspects of school life.
We believe that a school's ethos and culture can be different:
- Ethos: The underpinning that outlines a school's aspirations.
- Culture: The way in which a school operates and it's impact upon stakeholders
We have structured our school to ensure that our Christian ethos impacts and influences all aspects of of school. We do this through three cultural drivers:
- Our curriculum - The pathway for all to realise their high aspirations and dreams..
- Mastery for all stakeholders - For all, staff and children, to at least achieve the same, ambitious, shared goal.
- Ethos-centred - A shared, continual drive to a cause larger than ourselves.
Each of our drivers are broken into artefacts. These artefacts are individual items that are needed to be in place in order to develop a school culture which enables all to realise their god-given gifts. Our approach enables leaders, governors and other stakeholders to monitor how effective the school is in living out it's Christian vision for education.