'Let your light shine' Matthew 5:16
Birmingham Methodist Circuit
Welcome neighbours, strangers, curious friends and newly arrived students to the Birmingham Methodist Circuit.
We are a collection of 32 Methodist churches found across Birmingham, Solihull and the neighbouring edge of Warwickshire. We have around 3,000 members who live all across the city.
Find out more about us in the video below:
Birmingham Methodist Circuit is a collection of thirty two Methodist churches, with around three thousand members, based in the city of Birmingham in the UK. We are part of the international Methodist Church, you can find out more about the Methodist Church by following this link.
Our vision statement: "Birmingham Methodist Circuit aspires to be a welcoming Christian family with inspiring worship, radical compassion and social justice at its heart. In this way and following in our Methodist tradition, we aim to share in the transformation of life made possible through God's love."
As members of the Birmingham Methodist Circuit, we have agreed the following five priorities for the meaningful sharing of our God given resources:
- Transforming Life - We aim to live in such a way as to bring about positive change in our own lives and the lives of others, to share God's love and to learn and grow as followers of Jesus both individually and in community.
- Inspiring Worship - We aim to offer worship across the circuit which glorifies God, is inviting to all, enriches faith and inspires us to respond.
- Radical Compassion - We aim to develop and practise a radical compassion which is welcoming, inclusive, safe and empowering.
- Social Justice - We aim to speak out and take action against injustice in all its forms.
- A Methodist Perspective - Working together with our ecumenical partners and many others, we aim to uphold the values and principles which arise from our Methodist heritage, including being sustainable, ethical, collaborative and connected to Methodists across our nation and around the world.
Our churches cover the whole of Birmingham, from Pheasey in the North to Longbridge in the South, and from Woodgate Valley in the West to Solihull and beyond in the East. We have an office base at Selly Oak Methodist Church. If you want to find out more about any of our churches or find out which is the nearest to you then you can use our church finder here.
We worship, pray, learn and serve together in a huge variety of different ways. We believe that variety is an important part of the life of the church and embrace many different cultures and backgrounds, including Birmingham Chinese Methodist Church based in Northfield and a Zimbabwean Fellowship based at Selly Oak. We believe everyone is important and brings a contribution to our church life. Whether you prefer a more traditional style of service or something more modern there is something that would suit you.
Our churches run a huge of activities on top of their usual Sunday services including messy church, stay and play, youth groups, places of welcome for refugees and asylum seekers, fun days, bible study groups and much much more. Chaplaincy is also a key part of what we do, including hospitals, nursing homes and universities.